Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Make your own whole foods Pancakes!

Here is my recipe for making your own pancake batter from whole foods ingredients (non-processed, natural):
  • 2 cups Organic Spelt Flour 
  • 3 tsp Rumford's aluminum-free Baking Powder
  • 1.5 tsp Real Salt (that is the name of the brand)
  • 1 tbsp Sucanat sugar
  • 1.5 tsp all natural-vanilla extract
  • 1 organic or pastured egg
  • 1.5 cups organic whole milk ( I use raw, organic whole milk)
  • 3 tbsp melted Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (see my earlier post on Coconut Oil)
You can optionally add 1/3 cup ground flaxseeds or any other add-on, like wild blueberries, etc.  Mix together all the ingredients with a whisk and heat a tbsp of organic cultured (or raw) butter on a skillet (medium heat setting).  When the skillet is warm, pour the batter and make your pancakes!  I add another half tbsp of butter between each batch of pancakes.  I also warmed up some delicious Grade B (not as highly refined as Grade A) Organic Maple Syrup on the stove top and added some Real Salt to it because I love the salty/sugary flavor combination.

Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment